MAKC will celebrate its 20th anniversary this summer, a few months in advance of the actual month,
which is November. But the Fourth of July weekend should be alittle bit better for camping than any time in November.
All persons attending must be current members of MAKC. Details can be had by going through the proper membership channels, with limited information available online.
A fund raising book and cave gear auction will take place on Monday, July 3, along with an anniversary picnic. Our member events are free to members. MAKC will provide soda and water at no charge as well.
Auction items thus far include:
• Vertical gear and a gently used rope.
• A new 300-foot rope.
• 48 pristine regional caving event and grotto tshirts recently donated to us.
• The very last two MAKC Rat’s Ass t-shirts.
• A set of SpeleoDigests, representing 47 years of caving information from throughout the U.S. Many of the older digests include directions.
• Like to cave in PA? An entire set of MAR Bulletins.
• Like to cave in WV? A set of WVASS Bulletins.
All cave books will be kept within the caving community, with bidders limited to members of the NSS, MAKC or an NSS grotto.
There will be two vertical cave trips, lots of horizontal caving, mountain bike trip, a rail trail bike trip with a short cave stop on the way and potential kayaking on a river or in a state park.
Members of a caving organization can contact us through the proper membership channels for more details.