A short trip report is requested to provide to the owner to monitor caver activity in the cave. Years ago, Mr. Denton allowed access to cavers and later visited the cave and found the cave vandalized.
Other rules include:
• No night caving.
• Park only in the designated parking area.
• Be discreet when changing in and out of cave clothes.
• All cavers must be properly equipped.
• Visitor conduct should adhere to National Speleological Society conservation guidelines. Visitor conduct should also reflect NSS Safety and Techniques Committeerecommendations for safe caving practices.
• Group size is limited to 8 people.
• Illegal drugs, drug paraphernalia, alcohol and alcoholic beverage containers are not allowed on the preserve.
• Use of the property for any kind of commercial activity, including “cave-for-pay” caving or other recreational activities is prohibited.
• No modifications to the cave or property, including the use of bolts or other permanent climbing aids are allowed. Exceptions may be granted in writing only by the cave owner.
• No hunting or firearms will be allowed on the property other than by the owner and/or his designees.
• The Preserve shall be closed from October 1 to April 15 due the Pennsylvania hunting season and owner’s request.
• Exceptions to any part of the access policy or management plan must be obtained in writing from the MAKC board of directors and owner in advance