• See some of the state’s longest and deepest caves.
• An hour’s drive from Pittsburgh and the Carnegie Museum of
Natural History: dinosaurs, Hall of Minerals, art, architecture.
• Special trip to one of the country’s greatest MAZE caves:
Harlansburg Cave (4+miles). See how tough you are.
Can you handle the mud?
• Primitive camping on private property within a 15 minute hike
to one of the state’s top five longest mapped caves;
self-guided trips to other area caves.
• Within an hour’s drive of Laurel Caverns, Pennsylvania’s
longest show cave (3+ miles) with off-tourist trail trips.
• Visit the MAKC’s library and education center (www.karst.org).
• 20-minute drive from Pittsburgh Steelers training camp.
• Some of the state’s best rail trails (Youghiogheny River, Ghost Town)
• An hour from Ohiopyle State Park. Think whitewater rafting, bike trail,
Frank Lloyd Wright’s Fallingwater.
Guidebook features 327 caves, 187 maps, 10 large maps.
Cave till you drop. Registration does not include various tourist sites in Pittsburgh or local show caves. Pre-registration $55.
MAKC, P.O. Box 52, Blairsville, PA 15717